You know about March Madness- but this year, bracketology combines with the IQA World Cup!
The International Quidditch Association has released itsbracket challenge with the teams participating in theQuidditch World Cup VII, which takes place on April 5 and 6 in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. If you are one of the top three entrants to correctly predict the World Cup bracket you will win up to $100 in IQA Proshop merchandise– and a place in Quidditch history!
Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 4. For more details, including additional fine print, check out ”The Challenge!”
Brackets will be scored as follows - exact placement does not matter:
- 1 point per round of 32 team correct
- 2 points per sweet sixteen team correct
- 4 points per elite eight team correct
- 8 points per semifinals team correct
- 16 points per finals team correct
- 32 points for champion correct
- Tiebreaker: Least difference between actual and predicted finals scores
Winners will be announced after the World Cup - first place receives a $100 gift certificate to the IQA Proshop, second place receives a $75 certificate, and third place receives a $50 certificate.
Learn more on MuggleNet